Friday, January 29, 2010

To drunk dial, or not to drunk dial...is that really the question?

Most adults that have graduated college and started their careers know drunk dialing is a bad idea. A super duper bad idea really. Unfortunately, some have yet to come to this drastic, dare I say - dramatic?, revelation. I'm assuming said people spent their college years binge drinking, missing classes, cheating on tests, and turning papers in quite late. However, I digress.

When you drunk dial, you're very ineffective at communication. You see, communication requires proper articulation of thoughts. Being drunk as a skunk (as the kids like to say) seems to impede the ability of your brain to make your mouth work properly. Which means you may think you're making perfect sense, while I'm wondering what in the world you're talking about. You're also very loud. That is annoying.

My exception to the do not drunk dial rule is this: Calling after hours. Please do leave a message after the tone! Because I laugh at your message. And then I save it. So I can laugh later. And I share it, because laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment